- Commercial Services
- Employment Support
Workwise is a charitable organisation working to support mental health in Suffolk. As such, we really appreciate offers of volunteering to support our hard working staff.
We aim to make volunteers' time as pleasurable and productive as possible for both the volunteer and for Workwise. Workwise is a Mindful Employer and believes in treating volunteers and staff the same, providing equal opportunities for development and providing a clear job role developed with the volunteer and the staff member that they will support and work with.
At present we have the following volunteering opportunities:
- Voluntary Board Members - we are looking for persons with significant senior management experience to help shape the future of Workwise.
- Trustee and Governance Assistant - reporting to finance director, the main purpose of this volunteer role is to support the trustee directors in their roles, attending board meetings and committee meetings.
- Volunteer Fundraisers - Workwise would like to put together a team of "Friends of Workwise": Voluntary fundraisers who can champion Workwise to local businesses and the wider community. Both individuals, and corporate interest from colleagues in businesses, are equally welcomed. A role for anyone wanting to support mental well-being and employment training! An interest may be expressed by filling out the Contact Sheet on our Contact page.
- Experienced Woodworker - able to guide and support trainees working in a group to oversee safe working methods with a variety of hand tools and simple woodworking tasks as support to the Woodwork instructor.
- CAVERN 4 Shop and Gallery Assistant - We can take volunteers to cover a few hours or for a full day. Volunteers need to be able to present good customer service. This is a delightful place to work, especially if you are arty!
Interested in volunteering for Workwise? Talk to Mandy Turner, Training Co-ordinator on 01284 755261 or contact her to ask for a Volunteer Application Form.